The Spirit of Sandhole
Welcome to Sandhole Veterinary Centre, and thank you for choosing our practice. We're proud that many clients become friends - we work together to provide the very best care for every pet through a partnership based on trust and respect. Our approach is open and honest and we aim to give you all the advice, time and options you need to make the right decisions for you and your pets.
Not every vet, or every practice, is the same. Each of us genuinely loves meeting clients, helping you keep your pets in the best of health, working together to provide the best care for you as well as your pets - and at first we thought, 'doesn't every vet, every nurse, every receptionist, in every practice?' Then we thought about all the things that make Sandhole Veterinary Centre the special place that our clients tell us it is, and we realised that the things we do as standard are simply not found everywhere.
We passionately believe in making every aspect of our practice work for you, for your pets and for the Sandhole community. We pay attention to the little things, and they add up to a big Sandhole difference. You can read more details below.
At Sandhole Veterinary Centre we have four core principles:
You'll find real examples of each in action below. Because they are not just words to hang an advertisment campaign on, they run through the heart of our practice - every member of the team applies these four principles every day, with every client & every pet.
- We take time to make sure we do the very best for you and your pet
- All our appointments are longer than average, but if you need more time, just ask.
- When you have questions or concerns, we'll never dismiss you with a rushed response
- If you ever want to look round, or visit your pet whilst they are with us, simply come in - no appointment or notice is needed
"If you need more time - just ask"
- We always treat your pet as the individual that he or she is - we'll discuss options with you and make specific recommendations based on your pet's personality, lifestyle and medical history
- We promise that we will detail costs in advance where at all possible, and keep you notified of any changes. You can trust that we will never prescribe or prolong unnecessary treatment.
- When the time comes to say goodbye to your beloved pet we have a dedicated private, peaceful room where you can take as long as you need. We also have an on-site crematorium so your beloved pet won't leave the premises and will be given individual attention and complete dignity.
"We treat you and your pet as the individuals you are"
- Our wonderful team have all the qualifications and experience you'd expect in order to give your pet the very best care - our nurses are all registered and fully qualified, and our vets have a whole host of additional certificates and special interests.
- We regularly refresh our knowledge and skills to ensure that we are up to date with all the latest developments, but we know that sometimes some good old-fashioned TLC is just as effective!
- We treat rabbits, rodents, birds, reptiles, amphibians and exotic pets as equals alongside cats and dogs, and we're proud to hold the RWAF Rabbit Friendly Vets award as well as the Cat Friendly Clinic as awarded by the Feline Advisory Bureau (FAB)
- All of our vets and nurses are fully qualified and registered with many years of experience
"But most importantly of all we care"
We feel passionately about delivering gold-standard patient care. It's not just words - every aspect of our service, down to the last detail, is designed to put your pet's welfare first:
- We never, ever lift an animal up by the scruff of its neck (it goes without saying that we never hit or mistreat any animal)
- Adequate pain relief is given as standard for every surgical procedure and topped up as required
- If your pet is stressed, we will give him or her time to calm down, re-booking appointments where necessary
- Our practice is fitted with Pet Remedy pheromone diffusion systems to help timid patients feel more relaxed
- Canine in-patients are walked and toileted outside several times a day in our grassed garden
- Separate wards for dogs ensure that your cat, rabbit or exotic pet won't be stressed by all that canine excitement!
- When we place microchips, we give your pet food to distract from the needle
- We offer small, tasty meals to visiting pets, tailored to your pet's own nutritional requirements
- Cuddles and chin rubs are in endless supply!
And that's the Sandhole difference.
We hope that you see, hear and feel it for yourselves in every aspect of our service, and we thank you for trusting Sandhole Veterinary Centre to share the joys and privilege of caring for your pet with you.
Sandhole Veterinary Centre, Respectfully yours